Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Power

Savannah, my sweet little three year old button pusher, has been boycotting naps. She is exhausted - she can hardly stay awake in the car. She throws tantrums over using the potty that she successfully mastered months ago. The power struggle is such that rather than sit on the potty she would rather wet her pants. I think my plan of taking her toys and using time out has failed. She just does not care. She wants to be in control. So, my new plan is to send her to her room (and away from us) when she is in one of these power struggle moods. That way she gets no attention for the poor behavior and I can relax enough to allow her to live another day. Because let me tell you, she almost didn't survive the outing to chick-fil-a today. It was one of those times where I was tempted to walk away from her and ask someone, "Whose kid is that, she sure is poorly behaved?". Right now Savannah is having "quiet time" since there is no napping to be had today. Should I be worried that I am hearing loud thuds and running water? Oh well, I guess I need to go release her from her preschool heaven, I mean her room.
Annabeth on the other hand is so sweet and fun right now I just want to hang out with her all day. She is happy. She sleeps well. She eats well. This may be why Savannah is being difficult. Annabeth is cutting into her attention. So today, Annabeth thank you for being my sweet, sweet baby.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Is this what I have to look forward to in about 2.5 years?

The Golden Family said...

Three seems to be quite a "fun" age for lots of Savannah's friends. Who knows, Haley may be an angel.

Rachel said...

Crossing my fingers but she has some fire and bossiness in her....