Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fun trips for Mommy!

I have been one busy mommy. Not that life is ever very quiet, but lately I have been partying with friends. It has been great.
I went to Austin with my old roommies - Lindsay, Kristin and Gretchen. We had a great time. We shopped, we ate, we drank, and we watched UFC cage fighting. We had a great time.
I got to take a cooking class the following week - Indian grilling. I am still finding all the necessary spices, but look out. Lamb kabobs are on the horizon!
I went to Santa Fe this past weekend with my sweet friend Lynn. We were there from Thursday night until Sunday around lunch. We loved it. The architecture is unique. The weather was mild. The natural setting is beautiful. The art was imaginative. And then there is the food. Oh, the food. Needless to say, it was amazing. We ate things like duck quesadillas, marinated pork, homemade guacamole and mango margaritas. Yum.


Loretto Chapel

St. Francis Cathedral

Courtyard at the fine art museum

Outside the fine art museum

1 comment:

Val said...

way to go!!!! Get out there mama...I'll be partying someday...maybe?