Sunday, May 17, 2009

Savannahisms

Savannah has changed her ways. Gone is the quiet child who rarely uttered much more than a single syllable. She is in full-force chatty mode these days. Some of the things she says are hilarious. I have not been good about recording these verbal gems. So, I will start sharing some of the funny things she says under the heading, "Savannahisms". Here is a recent one....

Scene: I enter the garage upon returning from the Rice walking/running track. We greet each other and Savannah tells me about the "help" she is giving Daddy whilst Annabeth naps. The following conversation ensues:
Savannah: Where's Mama going?
Me: I'm going to go inside and take a shower.
Savannah: How come?
Me: I just finished exercising and I'm dirty.
There is a long pause and a strange look crosses Savannah's face and then she pokes me in the lower abdomen.
Savannah: Is Mama wearing a diaper? Is Mama's diaper dirty? Diapers are for babies.
Me (laughing): No. How about this, I'm sweaty.
Savannah: Oh, OK.

No comments: